Monday, March 16, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

Oh happy day! It's almost 60 degrees outside. I am sitting on the back patio surrounded by little patches of ice left over from winter. Almost all the snow has melted. We just got back from a fast walk around the lake with the kids. Daddy is cooking out on the grill. The kids are playing in the sand table. I am enjoying a piping hot cup of blueberry herbal tea. Life is fantastic!

Somewhere along this journey I stopped drinking pop. It wasn't a decision I made, it just happened. I was drinking so much water that there wasn't really room for the pop. I switched to tea because the water was too cold to drink in the winter. Tea is soothing and calms me when I am stressed.

I am feeling great. I went to my annual exam today and Dr. Johnson was very pleased with my results. She couldn't stop saying that I looked good. She said it five or six times, but who's counting?! At first she noticed my haircut. I think my face is thinner looking, but people tend to notice the haircut. Maybe they don't realize my face is thinner. That is okay. Dr. Johnson me how I feel and I told her I felt "great"! I also told her it's been easier to stay healthy with all my lifestyle changes. I told her when people are getting sick around me I have been okay. In the past if I looked at someone with a cold I would get bronchitis! I think it's the working out, the eating right and the supplements. So everything I am doing!

I am still on the 10mg of Lisinopril for my blood pressure. My numbers aren't good enough to get off of it at this point. She was going to put me on a higher dose, but didn't when she realized I really wanted to get off the meds and work towards that. So I will check back in with her in three months. I sure hope to be under 200 pounds by the next appointment!

No comments: