Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back on Track finally...let's stay on track this time!

Two weeks ago I finally faced the music. I had NOT been eating right. We were eating out at Noodles and Chipoltle. It's not that I can't eat these things on Weight Watchers. I can, but not entire meals and certainly not more than once a week! You would think the scale would be scaring me each day that I got on it, but for some reason it wasn't. It was creeping up and up. It was almost 20 pounds over my goal weight when I realized I was in trouble. Not only was I feeling alittle sluggish, I was struggling to get my rings on and off and that was with LOTS of soft soap. I was having a tough time. I was getting anxious about the changes at work and was worried that if I didn't get a handle on my eating before the move I might really gain weight! This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but my mood is greatly affected by how I feel and if I don't feel good I cannot be a good mom, wife, friend or employee. So it is very important to me and I need to keep an eye on it by eating right and working out:)

I continued going to my Weight Watchers weigh ins and meetings the several months I went astray. It made it easier to get back on course two weeks ago when I really got back on track. I was trying to help a friend lose some weight for her adoption and decided I should really get back to it too. At the same time another friend asked me to help her get back on track. Little did she know that by asking me, she was helping me. So for two weeks we have been helping each other. We hold each other accountable and check in twice a day at least:). We tell each other about our strengths and weaknesses. We also report our daily workouts. This, eating healthy and within my points and exercising has helped me through a problem spot.

Two and a half weeks back on program and now I am eight pounds above my goal weight. What have I learned? I cannot let my guard down for months at a time. An off day every once in awhile is perfectly fine and good for me, but the days cannot turn into weeks and months.

Most of all, I would like to thank my friend Erin. Without you, I could not have done this. I would also like to thank my husband for understanding my needs and helping by cooking us healthy dinners:)

No comments: