Several friends have asked me what I eat on a day to day basis. I have promised to blog about my menus and favorite foods. Today I am going to list some of my very favorite foods and their point values:) I may or may not get to my menus, depending how long Hayden Lee naps for this afternoon:)
A list of items I ALWAYS have on hand:
*Trader Joe's Veggie Sticks-Potato snacks (50 sticks=3 points)
*low fat Trisquits (7=2 points)
*low fat soups like Trader Joe's buttermilk squash or low point broth soups from Target
*cooked fresh broccoli or cooked frozen Brussels sprouts or any other veggies with nothing added to them. I have a container of cooked veggies in my fridge at all times. I add these to my soups and/or snack on them when I am hungry and have little or no points left for the day. Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are zero point foods:)
*Fresh fruits and veggies. (Most raw veggies are zero points and most fruits are one point per cup)
*low fat mozzarella cheeses sticks (1=1 point)
*Trader Joe's Edamame hummus (2 Tbsp=2 points) . Good with fresh vegetables and/or low fat Trisquits
*Trader Joe's low fat Tzatziki creamy garlic cucumber dip (2 Tbsp=1 point). I love this with my Garden burger in the morning or on Trisqits)...ladies, I do not eat more than a serving and a half of Trisuits a day, even though it may seem like it from this blog post!
*Vegan veggy burgers. It doesn't matter what brand. (I have found that if they are 1.5 grams of fat or less they are one point per burger)
*Arnold's Sandwich Thins. These are found in the bread isle. They are like a bun, only less fluffy. I toast both sides together on one side of the toaster and have that with my veggy burger EVERY DAY for breakfast. The burger cooks for 4 minutes each side and is great with mustard (zero points) or the above mentioned Tzatziki dip. (1 sandwich thin =1 point)
*herbal teas are great. They help me get in my water and I love the taste of them with one added fake sugar. I love the peppermint or any of the berries.
*Weight Watchers frozen Latte Bars (1=1 point) I have one of these each night after the kids head to bed, otherwise they are so yummy they want to eat the whole thing!
*Original Fiber One Cereal (1/2 cup=zero points)
*Dannon Fit and Light yogurt (1 serving=1 point)
*Fiber One bars. I LOVE the Oats and Chocolate flavor. DO NOT EAT MORE THAN ONE! (one bar=2 points)
These are my All time favorites. I always start my day the same...with coffee and my veggie burger on a sandwich thin. 2 points.
Lunch is 1 serving of soup, veggies added to it. 50 veggy fries and 7 Trisqits. 6 points.
Snacks(vary): Yogurt with one cup of fruit and Original Fiber One cereal(2 points), 7 Trisuits and a cheese stick (3 points), hummus and carrots (2 points), banana (2 points), ect.
Dinner varies, but always around 6-10 points. We have Subway sandwiches once a week:) Our favorite is the 6 inch chicken breast on whole wheat with white American cheese and ALL the vegetables. We top it with the Sweet Onion sauce. eight points. This is awesome with a cup of grapes:)
That's it for now. I will go through my weekly plan tonight or tomorrow sometime so you can get an idea of how I plan the week in advance, which is working out really well for me! Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas for me, I would LOVE to hear them. Just respond here:)
Edited to add, down to 170 lbs today:) down six from the last time I posted:)
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi, rdolbow here from the adoptiontalk board. I love the food ideas. Those sandwich thins are great and always on hand at my house. If you are ever craving a burger I have a good recipe for pecan patties. My parents are vegan don't eat a lot of meat here. Let me know if you want the recipe.
Have you seen that Fiber One came out with 90 calorie bars? Only 1 point!
You should also check out the Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger if you want to change it up. They are 2 points each and SO yummy!
Awesome weight loss!!! Keep up the good work -- amazing!!!
Hey you!
you need to update your blog!! Very inspiring! love it.. keep up the great work. A few more lbs and I'll be moving into the 1's and so excited. One day at a time!! :)
Post a Comment