Sunday, February 7, 2010

Yikes, last week was BAD!

So, as I promised Kim, I would also blog about the not so On Program weeks and last week was one of them. I took a break from exercising and eating right:( I couldn't exercise due to a very sore knee (I think from lifting too many weights during lunges) and added insult to injury by not paying attention to what I was eating. Well I was paying attention, but not in a good way! I was craving peanut butter and marshmallow cream and eating it like it was going out of style. I was also over indulging in "lite" peanut butter and chocolate ice cream! Lite meaning only 12 grams of fat per serving. I wish I was only treating myself to a serving! I ate so much one night that I had to replenish it the next day before Logan would notice! Not that he would ever care or say anything! He is the most supportive person I know.

I was so sad last week. Not exercising really affects me. I need the endorphins I get from exercising. I need them almost everyday. I am proud of myself for taking a break to let my knee heal, but it wasn't easy and I felt quite down:( I want to run the half marathon in March and think I can, but if I have to walk it, I will.

Yesterday I woke up and decided I would be On Program for the entire week. My eating week starts on Saturday because I usually go to my Weight Watchers meetings on Saturdays. It's not that I always start over on Saturdays. Sometimes I start over on a Monday or Tuesday. I just do best when I start fresh with my counting on a Saturday. I planned my entire day and stuck to it. Today I woke up and planned our family dinners for the entire week and wrote the points in my points journal. When I don't have a plan, I plan to fail (complements of Jillian). So I planned my week. I feel armed and reading to get back on track. I can do this.

I was able to run on Saturday and ran 3.96 miles. My knee did NOT hurt while I was running. I almost cried on the treadmill I was so happy to be running. I was alittle sore walking afterwards and iced my knee when I got home from the YMCA. It felt alright most of the time I worked and then I iced it again before bed. This morning it was perfect. No more pain. I gave myself a rest day. Tomorrow, I will run again:)

I was 176 pounds this morning, which is three pounds less than two days ago. I fluctuate. A LOT.

So there you have it. My crappy week in a nutshell!

The highlight of my week? Being welcomed back to the YMCA by Tiffany:) Wowza, that was awesome! If you are reading this Tiffany, those few words meant the world to me.

Edited to add an email I just sent to a friend which says it all:

I tried getting under 200 pounds for years, so I totally understand the frustration you are feeling. You just need to string a lot of days together and get through it. If you eat candy, start again with the next meal. Try not to have any of your trigger foods at home. I still have problems with trigger foods and probably will forever, which sucks, but it is what it is. I hate having to worry about it, but I have to. Ugh. I don't know if it helps to tell you I too struggle, but I do. The good thing though is I feel positive and excited to be back at it again. AND I am so proud of myself when I eat clean. I will have a good week. I have to, I cannot have another week like last week.

2 comments:

Dave, Jen, Kylie and Dawson (1) said...

Annie,

A friend of mine from a forum you are on and shared your awesome weight loss story with me! I too am working with WW to lose some pounds and hope to find your blog/posts more helpful for me! :) What a cool way to do this -- I use Facebook quite a bit for feedback after I weigh in, etc. and it's great for everyone to stay in the loop because I feel it helps me go forward on a positive note :) If you don't mind, I'll love to follow your blog -- it's always nice to have weight loss support!

Thanks,
Jen

Annie B. said...

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the comments:) I would love for you to follow my blog:) I just posted a list of some of my favorite point friendly foods:)