Thursday, February 9, 2012

In Response to WW Questions

I just sent this FB response to a friend who recently joined WW. I thought other newbies might benefit from it too:)


a few seconds ago
Andrea Childers



Hello. I have no idea where to start!

First off, if you've ever read my blog or FB status updates, you would know that planning means everything to me. Weight Watchers works when I plan, plan, plan! In the beginning the planning takes some time, but once you start to lose weight and feel good becuase of all the healthy choices you are making, it will all be worth it. Like I said yesterday, get out a Sharpie and label everything in your pantry and fridge with the points per serving. I do best when I plan out my points for the entire next day the night before. I start by planning out my points for dinner, fill in breakfast and then lunch:) I always have the same breakfast, so that helps a lot!

My favorite breakfast is a whole wheat hamburger roll, Asian Morning star burger sauted on each side for 4 minutes, and a slice of lowfat cheese. That's seven very filling points! When I'm feeling like a gourmet cook, I add a slice of tomato and onion:)

My lunches vary. I like a half a can of soup with a seving of steamed veggies, trisquits and a serving of lowfat cottage cheese. Or I like a can of tuna or chicken with lowfat (I do fat free, but am thinking of going to lowfat to have less fake crap in my system!) mayo and either cut up grapes or oranges. Or I'll have 1/2 a Subway sandwich and fruit. It varies,more then breakfast, but not a ton!

Snacks:

1. a cheese stick, seven trisquits and an apple
2. Greek yogurt and fruit
3. cottage cheese and seven trisquits and an apple
4. Fiber bar and a piece of fruit

Dinner always starts with a protein and then two veggies. Sometimes I will add wild rice. I sometimes have fat free, low sodium chicken broth before dinner. It fills me up a bit. Sometimes we have a salad. It just depends. We eat pizza and I'll have steamed cauliflower on the side to dip in the sauce the kids are dipping their cheese bread in:) Weight Watchers have a LOT of great recipes. We like their Lasagna and fried rices:)

When eating out, I always look for the points ahead of time. If they aren't listed on their sight, I can usually find them by googling. It seems like a hastle, but so worth it. I feel amazing when I plan and I am the one in charge of what goes into my body and NOT some craving coming from God knows where:)!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions:) I Love WW and it works when you work the system! It's NOT a diet and you can eat anything, just make good choices most of the time and you will be feeling amazing in no time!

You are special!

No comments: