Sunday, December 19, 2010

Five Days 'til Christmas, 12 'til the New Year

Broken record time again...seriously, why can't I just stay on track? Or am I just doing this the lifestyle way which is indulding some times and then being on the straight and narrow most of the time? Maybe I should change the way I think about this thing and just except that I cannot be perfect all the time. WOW, I may have just had a breakthrough! Up, down, up, down...I want to be down more of the time! Who doesn't though:)? I am just sick of the fluctuations. It's terrible. Yesterday I was up 12 pounds from eight days ago and today I am up 5. I have crazy water weight fluctuations. All. The. Time! That is something I need to remember!

I am excited about Christmas and New Years. I cannot wait for the kids to get their presents:) I am excited to spend quality time with my husband, kids and parents. I feel very blessed. I have to remember it's about the magic of the day and being around people I love and NOT neccessarily the FOOD.

The other day I had an awful thought enter my mind. Since I have had a few bad days of eating maybe I should just continue down this road for a few more weeks and start fresh in the New Year and get back on track then. That was a terrible idea and I saw the light quickly! I am going to get through this holiday and continue to keep my health my priority. I feel younger now than I did ten years ago and want to continue feeling this way.

New Years is special to me. I have two special anniversaries on New Years. This year it will be 10 years since I gave up smoking for GOOD! It has been two years since I said goodbye to what I thought was a good friend and chose exercise over alcohol as my stress relief.

Merry Christmas! I hope your holiday is Happy, healthy and safe. God Bless you!

No comments: