The first and one that wouldn't be obvious to most is I had to change my setting on the elliptical to track my age as 43 now! The other was I needed to go on the elliptical and not the treadmill:(. The elliptical is a must when my knee us bothering me, but the workout doesn't interest me, I do not gather enough endorphins and my feet fall asleep! I'm done complaining now:)
As far as turning 43, it wasn't so bad. Considering I feel amazing and maybe better then I have in the past 15 years, I'm good with 43! I thank God everyday for giving me the willpower to quit drinking, find running, run a few marathons and several other half marathons. I am a better mom, wife, friend, co-worker, and daughter then I was when I was turning 40 and had recently quit drinking and had just taken up running and truely eating right. I was sooooo uncomfortable in my skin when I was 250 pounds and hiding behind eating and drinking more wine then is acceptable.
I have a lot of goals fr me this year. I am registered for a 10k in April and three half marathons, two in the summer and one in the fall. I ran my last race untrained and at 209 pounds. I have lost 19 pounds since hitting rock bottom that weekend. Yes, I ran a half, but it was slow and I didn't feel healthy. I will be back to 170 for my races this year and I will get a PR or two:). I am looking forward to crossing the finish lines and shedding tears of joy because I've met my goals!
Do you have goals? If not, I highly suggest making some:). You won't be sorry! Have a great week!
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment