
I recently reconnected with an old friend through facebook. She is on a similar journey of weight loss and finding herself and happiness. I sent her to this blog to give her a little background into my journey. Today I opened my blog for the first time in a LONG time and realized that I haven't written in FOREVER! And you know what that means? I haven't been as committed as I'd like to be with all the aspects of being healthy. Even my seven year old is aware of my lack of keeping on track. This morning I said I needed to get on track and I saw the typical eye roll of someone who has heard this a time too many! So this is it. I know I sound like a broken record, but that is okay. I am ready to commit to healthy eating again.
Being on Weight Watchers makes it easy to get focused again. I have continued to run, hula hoop, go to BodyPump, take my supplements, read the latest health magazines, drink some water and stay sober. Staying sober is not a requirement of a a healthy lifestyle, but it is to mine. The part that I sometimes lose focus on is the eating right part. Even Logan has mentioned we have been slacking for quite awhile. With Weight Watchers I can get off track for a day and get back on without any ramifications. BUT several days off, a few days on, several days off, is NOT productive to weight loss and actually makes one gain weight:( I am up several pounds and do not feel good. What the heck, I may as well spill it and get it all out in the open. Like you can't see it anyways! I am up 23 pounds! Yikes! I was up 26pounds yesterday, so I have made a little progress. Actually, that was hard to do, but I feel better being open and honest about it. I don't think anyone else can REALLY tell, but I can. I am very uncomfortable at this weight. I even had a night mare last night that one of my friends from the Y noticed I had gained weight!
So today, I want to make a commitment to get back on track eating wise. I also want to make a promise to myself and anyone else who may happen upon my blog that I will write every week. How does that sound? It sounds like a good start to me:)
Have a great day!
P.S. Carrie, Thanks for inspiring me!

3 comments:
One day at a time, one day at a time....you can do it! I can't even say if I can tell or not because it has been THAT LONG since I've seen you!! Can't wait til your fully recovered and we BP again together. Thanks for sharing your journey!
We'll do it together!
Awesome job getting back on track. I feel like I do the same thing. Good for a week, fall apart for 2 weeks. Not quite the right ratio. Your enthusiasm to keep at it is inspiring.
Post a Comment